Monday, October 3, 2011

Killer Cake

So I'm supposed to be writing a short story for my creative writing class, but I couldn't resist sharing this "killer" recipe with you. This is my roomie, Kaitlin's, favorite cake, and for good reason. I made it this weekend and it is literally one of the most delicious things I've tasted, and since Halloween is drawing ever closer why not try your hand at making some festive Killer Cake.

What You'll Need:
-1 box of dark chocolate (I prefer Devil's food cake) cake mix
-one carton (500ml) of whipping cream (you can use Cool Whip, but it just isn't as good!)
-2 packages of chocolate mousse (find it in the jello section)
-4 Skor bars
-milk

Get Baking!
1. Bake the cake according to directions on the box.
2. While the cake is baking start making your chocolate mousse in a large bowl. Once that is done put it in the fridge to chill and thicken.
3. Whip your whipping cream either by hand or with a mixer and add sugar or vanilla extract to taste. 
4. Once your cake is done break the entire thing up into bite sizes pieces.
5. Break the Skor bars into bits and pieces (small enough to sprinkle on top).
6. In a large bowl (preferably clear to see the layers) make a layer of the cake pieces, then a layer of the mousse followed by a layer of whipped cream and repeat this process until you are out of your ingredients. Make sure you finish with a layer of whipped cream, then proceed to sprinkle your Skor bits on top.

Voila! Killer Cake. Bon Appetit.

That is the finished product, and I promise next time I make it, it will be prettier. 
Try it out, your taste buds will thank you!
xoxo C.


No comments:

Post a Comment